Back to Top
Millersville University – Phase I
267 Units, 709 Beds
2 Buildings, four and five-story corridor loaded, brick facade
- The 709 bed facility offers multiple unit types that range from semi-suites to full suites with both private and shared bedroom configurations for residents as well as private suites for RA’s and full apartments for staff.
- At 188,272 sf, the new housing community consists of two buildings, each with two wings which were positioned to embrace the natural topography of the site while also allowing all wings to be centrally connected by a community amenity center.
- The space programming of each wing of the community was closely coordinated to create living clusters which range from 24 to 44 resident beds around a centrally located RA. Each of the 21 clusters have a unique unit mix and bed capacity and allow for maximum flexibility in accommodating varying types of living/learning communities.
- Resident safety and security were key elements in the facility’s design and highlights include a central point of access into the community with adjacent reception desk, multiple electronic access control points and camera monitoring.
- Amenity space includes a 150-person Great Room which overlooks the South Quad, recreation rooms, community kitchen, laundry rooms with adjacent lounges as well as central gathering lounges with separate meeting rooms on each floor.
- This project marks the first phase of MU’s commitment to replacing all 2,200 on-campus beds with modern, suite-style accommodations while maintaining a consistent bed capacity on campus throughout the phased replacement.
- The RISE Team was selected by Student Services, Inc and Millersville University following a nationally competitive RFP process.
error: This content is protected.