Size: 149 Units, 295 Beds
Design:1 Building, three-story building
Completion Date:August, 2010
- The single building community known as Tiger Village II was designed and situated to complement the first phase project, Tiger Village I, and creates a residential zone on the beautiful SGSC campus.
- The 91,924 sf building was delivered August 1, 2010; just three years after the first phase of 252 beds was opened on campus – the first new housing since 1974 – a key contributor to the healthy growth trend in enrollment as well as the increase in the percentage of full time students for the 1,900 student institution.
- All student units are in a 2 bedroom / 1 bath semi-suite configuration with two single occupied bedrooms sharing a bath.
- Common areas of the community include resident lounge with on-line gaming, multi-purpose classroom, resident computer lab, central laundry room with lounge, community kitchen, study rooms and central entry lobby with reception desk and security desk.
- A resident manager’s apartment as well as a suite for short-term stays is included in the design and each have private entries to the exterior of the building and to the interior corridor.
- The RISE Team was selected in November 2008 following a nationally competitive process.