Size: 234 Units, 604 Beds
Design:2 Buildings, four and five-story
Completion Date:August, 2010
Financing:Tax-exempt bonds through GHEFA
- Project awarded through nationally competitive process.
- The turnkey project included the Ambling Team’s guidance in long range master planning as well as an in-depth comparative analysis of several available sites on campus for the project.
- At 170,500 sf, Hornet Village features single and double occupancy semi-suites with private bathrooms.
- The community’s layout is programed with living/learning communities of 35 residents around a centrally located community assistant.
- Common amenities include resident lounges with online gaming, group study rooms, conference rooms, central laundry rooms, staff offices, a tutoring center and outdoor plazas.
- As compliant with SPSU’s formal commitment to sustainability or “Sustainability Initiative” the project has been certified as LEED Silver.