Size: 191 Units, 514 Beds
Design:1 Building, four-story
Completion Date:August, 2008
- The 157,354 square foot building includes 514 beds in 191 units and replaced the original 200 bed / 38,000 sf Hopper Hall.
- The full stucco façade is designed to complement the existing Spanish Mission architecture of campus.
- The community’s beautifully landscaped courtyard includes a fountain and extensive use of brick pavers with an outdoor plaza area adjacent to the 10,000 sf dining hall.
- Residential amenities include a game room, TV lounge with kitchen, 2-story tower lobbies, SMART classroom and housing staff offices as well as multipurpose rooms with kitchens, study rooms and laundry centers located on each floor.
- The building’s design program creates 13 separate living communities of 40 students and a central RA – creating a living/learning environment for the freshmen and sophomore residents.
- In addition to the dining facility, the community’s ground floor also includes a 2,500 box campus mailroom and 3,400 sf for the University newspaper and campus radio station as well as 5,400 sf of general university office space.