Back to Top
West Campus Village – New Jersey City University
Jersey City, NJ
Size: 113 New Units, 425 New Beds, 101 Renovated Units, 202 Renovated Beds
Design:1 Building, four-story, precast concrete with brick inlay facade and flat TPO roof LEED Certification targeted.
Completion Date:August, 2016
Financing:Tax-exempt bonds with single-purpose 501c3 owner
- Project awarded following nationally competitive procurement process for turnkey development team.
- The new residence hall, NJCU West Campus Village, will be the first facility to be built on the 22 acre redevelopment site known as NJCU West Campus.
- The single building community’s design creates a central point of access which works to encourage resident engagement as well as maximize safety and security.
- Community amenities include cardio fitness center, open TV lounges, game room, automated vending center, music practice rooms, multi-purpose classroom/theatre, SMART laundry center, community kitchen and group meeting and study spaces.
- The building design forms two distinct living communities with centrally located Resident Assistant unit (RA) on each floor – creating ideal space for unique living-learning communities as well as summer camp and conference programming.
- The building layout forms a private and secure courtyard which is open to the southern sky and provides flexible outdoor green space.
- The two renovated halls will feature upgraded common areas and bathrooms as well as increased dining capacity in Vodra Hall to complement recent renovations to the residential areas.
error: This content is protected.